We ride in honor of our patients because we care deeply for each one of them. Every child we meet never ceases to amaze us with their incredible courage, positivity, strength and resilience. We see many children over the course of months and years, joining them on their journey through illness and recovery. We get to know their personalities, their smiles and their fears. We get to know their families, extended families and friends. This is why for us it is personal. Please read some of the stories that have inspired us ride in the tour this year to raise money that will go into furthering innovation in treatment, enrich staff training and family support for these incredible young people.
Meet Cuy, who at just 4 months old, suffered a massive cardiac infarct as the result of an undiagnosed congenital heart defect. Read about her remarkable journey that continues to inspire us.
Full list of patient stories
- 1-pound baby Mandie has hole in heart closed through tiny incision instead of open heart surgery
- Oliver’s story of hope and survival
- Minimally Invasive Procedure Fixes Hole In Baby’s Heart: ‘She’s Louder, More Lively’
- Adelaide’s strength in overcoming the daily challenges of transplant
- Piper’s story as told by her parents
- Libby tells us how her faith helped her cope with her frightening diagnosis and heart surgery
- Cuy’s mother tells us the story of Cuy’s miraculous recovery
- Mom Bekah is excited about Matilynn’s bright future
- Joplyn amazes and inspires all that come to know her